Friday 1 November 2013

Take a Moment

Hello everyone! I haven't been around in a while due to work, assignment and generally just being a busy bee!

My blog posts normally revolve around beauty products but I wanted to do a little something different today. 

I have a really bad cold (cue the violins) so have spent the day cuddled up inside watching daytime television. Whilst watching 'This Morning' on ITV they mentioned their 'Take a Moment' appeal and it made me think of all of the people less fortunate than myself. 



I have made a list of all of the little ways that you can make a big difference to peoples lives:

  • Clear out your wardrobe- Now I am guilty of buying hundreds of items of clothes (without trying them on I might add) and NEVER wearing them! Put anything you don't want in a bin bag and take them to your nearest charity shop! Or you could do the opposite and buy something from http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop (They sell vintage darling!) 
  • Food banks - next time you are in your local supermarket, pick up an extra tin of soup, some sugar or a box of cornflakes and donate it to the food bank on the way out. You can find more information about food banks at http://www.trusselltrust.org/foodbank-projects 
  • Take an elderly neighbours dog for a walk 
  • Donate your old magazines to the doctors or hospital (Then they can finally throw that 1994 copy of Take a Break away!).
There is a whole list of excellent ideas on the 'This Morning' website, and even better if you register your act of kindness on there, the government automatically will donate £5 to the appeal! Everyone is a winner!

Check it out for more info http://www.itv.com/thismorning-take-a-moment 

No comments:

Post a Comment