Tuesday 27 November 2012

I knew you were trouble

I needed some new eyelash curlers so I went to Superdrug and bought some QVS ones. I have never heard of them before, so I will keep you updated as to if they are worth buying or not. They were only about £4 so quite cheap really.

Whilst I was at Superdrug, I noticed a new range of products called 'Simply Pure'. As they are new they were on offer at the moment, so I'm going to be trying out the Oil balancing serum. It is supposed to hydrate combination skin without clogging pores. I quite like the packaging which is part of the reason that I bought it! I'm a complete sucker for nice packaging on anything really!

The other item that I got whilst I was there was the Bourjois Concealer Stick in Light Beige number 71 (£7.49). The yellow and white pigments are supposed to hide dark circles and imperfections and my skin is looking awful at the moment, so I need all of the help that I can get! I usually really like Bourjois products and have been using the Healthy Mix foundation for about a year now and I think it applies really well and smells quite nice too. It is a creamy texture and comes as a twisty stick, so it goes exactly where you want it to and don't end up losing lots of product which is what I normally do. 



Above top left: Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum. Top Right: Bourjois Concealer Stick.
Bottom Left: Bourjois concealer stick swatched on my arm. Bottom Right: QVS Eyelash Curlers.


I really need to start drinking more water to try and re-hydrate my skin, as it is starting to look really zapped. Probably due to the time of year, being quite windy and cold and being indoors with the radiators on. If anyone has any tips on keeping their skin nice in winter, then please share them with me as I hate my skin at the moment.

Tonight my plan is to have a nice bath with my Lush Snow Fairy and then watch I'm a Celebrity get me out of here with my Vermonster Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream. I think Vermonster has overtaken Cherry Garcia as my all time favourite.



Which products do you use in the winter to hydrate your skin?
Have you tried any QVS tools before?

9 comments:

  1. very nice products*_* no i dont have use the products. your blog is vety lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have not curly lashes, and not any eyelashe curlers can help me
    the only thing is i make chemical curling in beauty salon, but it damages my lashes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Do you use false eyelashes? I'm terrible at them! :( xx

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I'm a new follower!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete